Proposal to build new homes on green belt land in Dunton Green
We the undersigned petition the council to - reject proposals to build up to 240 new homes on green belt land behind Dunton Green Village Hall, London Road by removing this proposal from the Local Plan .
- Dunton Green's infrastructure has been stretched to breaking
point following the new housing estate at Ryewood (built by the
same developer who has submitted this proposal) and does not have
the capacity to absorb the additional population, cars and traffic
that will result from proposal MX50
-This Development would exacerbate existing severe parking and road traffic issues in Dunton Green, grid locking routes in and out of Sevenoaks. Traffic outside the primary school would be significantly increased, increasing hazards for pedestrians
- Air quality will be further reduced if this development goes ahead, increasing the likelihood of health issues
- Primary school and medical provision is insufficient to cope with a further increase in population
- Wildlife and fauna will be irreparably damaged and displaced on historic green belt land
- Further noise pollution
- Train Station is unmanned and train services are at full capacity
- Bus services are poor
- Loss of open green space for residents to enjoy in an area that has already seen large volumes of new homes in recent years
This ePetition ran from 20/11/2018 to 01/02/2019 and has now finished.
285 people signed this ePetition.