Budget 2018/19: Service Dashboards and Service Change Impact Assessments (SCIAS)
The Chief Finance Officer presented the report which set out updates to the 2018/19 budget within the existing framework of the 10-year budget and savings plan.
Informed by the latest information from Government and discussions with Cabinet, it was proposed that the Council continued to set a revenue budget which assumed no funding from Government through the Revenue Support Grant or New Homes Bonus. This would result in the Council continuing to be financially self-sufficient as set out in its Corporate Plan.
To achieve this aim and to ensure a balanced budget position over the next 10-year period, whilst also increasing the Council’s ability to be sustainable beyond that time, a savings requirement of £100,000 per annum was included. Other pressures may come out later in the budget process, such as when the Government published its Autumn Budget on 22 November or when the Local Government Finance Settlement was announced in December. There may therefore be a requirement for further savings. Officers would continue to monitor these pressures and report the latest position to Cabinet in December.
New savings items had been proposed in the report for services applicable to this Advisory Committee. Members were given the opportunity to discuss and put forward any growth and savings suggestions.
Members looked at the suggested growth and savings items put forward the previous year and agreed to put them forward again, especially exploring moving from Argyle Rd to a lower cost site and incentivising Members to go paperless i.e. no more paper agendas.
Public Sector Equality Duty
Members noted that consideration had been given to impacts under the Public Sector Equality Duty.
Resolved: That it be recommended to Cabinet that
a) the savings proposals identified in Appendix D applicable to the Advisory Committee (SCIAs 5, 6, 7 and 8) be agreed;
b) the following suggestions be discussed further
· Redevelop housing in obsolete shopping centres
· Explore options regarding moving from Argyle Rd to a lower cost site
· Explore development potential at Sevenoaks Bus Station
· Review Estates Management to increase net income
· More incentives for Members to go paperless.
- 06 FAC - Review of Service Dashboards and SCIAs, item 17. PDF 68 KB
- 06 FAC - Budget - App A - Service Dashboard, item 17. PDF 52 KB
- 06 FAC - Budget - App B - 201718 Budget by service, item 17. PDF 33 KB
- 06 ALL ACs - Budget - App C - Old growth savings, item 17. PDF 7 KB
- 06 FAC - Budget - App D - New growth savings, item 17. PDF 12 KB
- 06 FAC - Budget - App E - SCIAs, item 17. PDF 52 KB
- 06 FAC - Budget - App F - Adv Ctte Previous Suggestions, item 17. PDF 28 KB
- 06 ALL ACs - Budget - App G - 10 yr Budget, item 17. PDF 8 KB
- 06 ALL ACs - Budget - App H - Budget timetable, item 17. PDF 37 KB