Budget 2023/24: Review of Service Dashboards and Service Change Impact Assessments (SCIAs)
The Head of Finance presented the report which set out updates to the 2023/24 budget process within the existing financial strategy. SDC was not immune from the financial challenges affecting the country therefore this budget process was expected to be particularly challenging.
No changes had been made to future assumptions at the stage which would be reviewed during the budget process, as usual. However, due to the April 2022 pay award being higher than previously assumed and an annual savings target of £100,000 already included, an annual budget gap of £735,000 was currently reported.
The report presented growth and savings/additional income proposals that had been identified which needed to be considered. It requested further suggestions from Members before finalising the budget for 2023/24. Informed by the latest information from Government and discussions with Cabinet, it was proposed that the Council once again sets a balanced 10-year budget and continues to aim to be financially self-sufficient.
The Committee considered the growth and savings/additional income proposals identified in Appendices E & F to the report and the Supplementary Agenda. Further consideration was given to possible savings by reviewing current methods used for the collection of refuse and recycling, such as reducing the number of black sacks provided for free by the Council. They further discussed the generation of profits from EV chargers, and heard that work was already underway in this respect.
Public Sector Equality Duty
Members noted that consideration had been given to impacts under the Public Sector Equality Duty.
(a) it be recommended to Cabinet that the growth proposals (SCIA’s 6, 7, 8, 9, 14, and 20) and savings/additional income proposals (SCIA’s 15, 16, 17, and 18) identified in Appendices E & F to the report and the Supplementary Agenda applicable to this Advisory Committee, be considered; and that
(b) No further income or growth proposals were identified.
- Budget 2023-24 - CGAC - Service Dashboards and SCIAs, item 31. PDF 78 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - CGAC - App A - Service Dashboard, item 31. PDF 50 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - CGAC - App A (i) - Performance Report, item 31. PDF 278 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - CGAC - App B - Budget by service, item 31. PDF 40 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - ALL ACs - App C - Old growth savings, item 31. PDF 51 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - ALL ACs - App D - 10 year budget, item 31. PDF 69 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - CGAC - App E - New growth savings, item 31. PDF 52 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - CGAC - App F - SCIAs, item 31. PDF 126 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - ALL ACs - App G - Timetable, item 31. PDF 44 KB
- Budget 2023-24 - ALL ACs - App H - Financial Strategy, item 31. PDF 189 KB
- Supplementary - Budget 2023-24 - CGAC - App B - Budget by service V3, item 31. PDF 113 KB
- Supplementary - SCIA 20 23-24 - Air Quality Station Bat And Ball NOx Analyser (003), item 31. PDF 81 KB