22/01088/MMA - 40 High Street, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1JG
Minor Material Amendment to 20/03395/FUL
The proposal sought consent for a minor material amendment to 20/03395/FUL. The application had been referred to the Committee by Cllr. Fleming out of concern for a loss of privacy for neighbours, contrary to EN2 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
Members’ attention was brought to the main agenda papers.
The Committee was addressed by the following speakers:
Against the Application:
For the Application:
Members asked questions of clarification from the Officer.
It was confirmed that sufficient allowances for ventilation had been made in the rooms with sealed windows.
It was moved by the Chairman and duly seconded that the recommendations within the report and late observations, be agreed.
The motion was put to the vote and it was
Resolved: That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1) The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of the time limit imposed on application SE/20/03395/FU
In pursuance of section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans and details: 2038-01, 2038-02, 2038-03, 2038-04, 2038-05, 2038-06, 2038-07B, 2038-08A, 2122-09L, 2038-10A, 2122-11G, 2122 - 18B, 2122 - 19, CL2-BSH-01SX Rev A, CL2-BSH-02SX Rev A, CL3-S06SX Rev A, and CL3-S01SX Rev A.
For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3) The materials and their specifications (including, where applicable, size, colour, texture, profile, finish, bonding and pointing) shall be implemented in accordance with the details approved under application 21/04127/DETAIL.
To ensure that the appearance of the development is in harmony with the existing character of the area as supported by Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
4) The existing first floor flat roof area on the north-east facing rear elevation shall not be used as private amenity space in relation to the development hereby approved. Access shall only be retained for safety and maintenance purposes.
To safeguard the privacy of neighbouring residents as supported by Policy EN2 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
5) The mitigation measures to provide adequate air quality and noise protection will be implemented in accordance with the details approved under application 21/02798/DETAIL and shall be implemented prior to first occupation.
To ensure that the noise levels in habitable rooms meet the requirements of BS 8233:2014 and that future residents are not exposed to harmful levels of air pollution, to protect the amenity of future occupants.
6) The proposed development shall be carried out in accordance with the Construction Management Plan, as approved under application 21/02905/DETAIL, at all times.
In the interest of Highway Safety and neighbouring amenity in accordance with policies EN2, EN7 and T1 of the Sevenoaks District Council Allocation and Development Management Plan.
7) The Council operates a residential parking permit scheme, for which the future occupants would not be eligible.
In the interest of vehicular parking and permit availability in accordance with policy T2 of the Sevenoaks District Council Allocation and Development Management Plan.
8) The second floor window on the rear facing north-eastern elevation, as shown on the Rear Elevation (drawing 2122 - 11G) that connects to the flat roof terrace area, shall be fixed shut and non-opening at all times.
To prevent the flat roof area being used as a private amenity terrace to safeguard the residential amenities of neighbouring properties in accordance with policy EN2 of the Sevenoaks District Council Allocation and Development Management Plan
9) The first floor north-west facing window (serving Bedroom 2), as shown on the North Flank Elevation (drawing 2122 - 11G) shall be fixed shut and non-opening at all times, and shall be obscure glazed with glass of obscurity level 3 at all times.
To safeguard the privacy of neighbours, in accordance with policy EN2 of the Sevenoaks District Council Allocation and Development Management Plan.
10) Notwithstanding the approved plans, the cowl as shown on the roof of drawing 2122-11G does not form part of the approved works and no Planning or Listed Building consent is hereby given for these works.
For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning