22/00859/FUL - Garage Block North Of 32, Bethel Road, Sevenoaks Kent TN13 3UE
Demolition of existing garages to be replaced with a proposed two-storey detached dwelling with carport and associated landscaping.
The proposal sought planning permission for Demolition of existing garages to be replaced with a proposed two-storey detached dwelling with carport and associated landscaping.
The application had been referred to the Committee by Councillor Clayton and Councillor Purves on grounds of impact on the conservation area.
Members’ attention was brought to the main agenda papers.
The Committee was addressed by the following speakers:
Against the Application:
For the Application:
Parish Cllr Shea
Members asked questions of clarification from the officer regarding the impact of the development on the neighbouring properties and the distances between amenities. It was confirmed that the development passed the relevant light test and Members were referred to paragraphs 54 and 56 of the report.
It was moved by the Chairman and duly seconded that the recommendations within the report, be agreed.
Members discussed the application regarding loss of light and privacy to neighbouring properties and over development.
The motion was put to the vote and it was
Resolved: That planning permission be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
1) The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
In pursuance of section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans and details: PD02 RevB and PD 03 Rev B.
For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3) No development including any works of demolition or preparation works prior to building operations shall take place on site until a Construction Transport Management Plan has been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The approved statement shall be adhered to throughout the construction period and shall include: (a) parking for vehicles of site personnel, operatives and visitors, (b) loading and unloading of plant and materials, (c) storage of plant and materials used in constructing the development, (d) hours of operation.
In the interest of highway safety.
4) No development shall be carried out on the land until full details of soft landscaping and proposed boundary details have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. Those details shall include:
· planting plans (identifying existing planting, plants to be retained and new planting);
· details of boundary heights and materials. All soft landscaping shall be implemented not later than the first planting season following the first occupation of any part of the development.
To preserve the visual appearance of the area as supported by EN1 and EN4 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
5) Within six months of works commencing, details of how the development will enhance biodiversity will be submitted to, and approved in writing by, the local planning authority. This will include a native species-only landscape scheme. The approved details will be implemented and thereafter retained.
To ensure the development results in a net gain in biodiversity in accordance with paragraph 180 of the National Planning Policy Framework and policy SP11 of the Core Strategy.
6) No development shall take place until a strategy of surface water drainage has been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The approved development shall be implemented in accordance with the approved strategy prior to the first use/or occupation of the building and thereafter retained in that condition.
To ensure suitable means of surface water drainage are incorporated into the development in accordance with Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
7) The dwelling shall be provided within an electrical socket with suitable voltage and wiring for the safe charging of electric vehicles prior to its occupation.
To provide opportunities for low carbon sources of transport, in accordance with Policy T3 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
8) No development shall be carried out on the land until details of the materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the dwelling hereby permitted have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The development shall be carried out using the approved materials.
To ensure that the appearance of the development is in harmony with the existing character of the area as supported by Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
9) The parking space shown on the approved plans shall be provided and kept available for such use at all times and no permanent development shall be carried out on the land so shown or in such a position as to preclude vehicular access to the parking space.
To ensure that the development does not prejudice highway safety or cause inconvenience to other highway users in accordance with Policies EN1 and T2 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
10) Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 (as amended) (or any Order revoking or re-enacting or amending those Orders with or without modification), planning permission shall be required in respect of development falling within Schedule 2, Part 1, Classes A to H of that Order.
To ensure that development within the permitted Classes in question is not carried out in such a way as to prejudice the appearance of the area or the occupiers of the neighbouring properties in accordance with Policy EN1 and EN2 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.