Budget 22/23: Review of Service Dashboard and Service Change Impact Assessments (SCIAS)
The Chief Officer – Finance and Trading presented the report which set out updates to the 2022/23 budget within the existing framework of the 10-year budget and savings plan. The report presented growth and savings/additional income proposals that had been identified which needed to be considered, and requested further suggestions from Members, before finalising the budget for 2022/23.
Informed by the latest information from Government and discussions with Cabinet, it was proposed that the Council continued to set a revenue budget that assumed no direct funding from Government through the Revenue Support Grant or New Homes Bonus. This would result in the Council continuing to be financially self-sufficient. To achieve this aim and to ensure a balanced budget position over the next 10-year period would continue to be challenging due to the ongoing financial impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness and inflationary pressures.
The budget process would be the same as two years ago as opposed to the shortened process last year, but streamlining the process in future years was being investigated.
No changes had been made to the assumptions at this stage, and the annual budget gap included in the report was £100,000 which related to the annual savings target. It was expected however, that the gap would increase.
Members discussed the report and it was confirmed that the growth proposal was for investigation management software to enable the Environmental Enforcement team to prosecute offences more effectively.
It was suggested that Members consider moving to electronic agendas.
Public Sector Equality Duty
Members noted that consideration had been given to impacts under the Public Sector Equality Duty.
Resolved: That it be recommended to Cabinet that the growth proposal identified in Appendices E & F to the report (SCIA 06 (22/23)) applicable to this Advisory Committee, be considered.
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - CGAC - Service Dashboards and SCIAs, item 16. PDF 141 KB
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - CGAC - App A - Service Dashboard, item 16. PDF 84 KB
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - CGAC - App B - 202122 Budget by service, item 16. PDF 26 KB
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - ALL ACs - App C - Old growth savings, item 16. PDF 91 KB
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - ALL ACs - App D - 10 year budget, item 16. PDF 141 KB
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - CGAC - App E - New growth savings, item 16. PDF 79 KB
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - CGAC - App F - SCIAs, item 16. PDF 92 KB
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - ALL ACs - App G - Timetable, item 16. PDF 96 KB
- 06 Budget 2022-23 - ALL ACs - App H - Financial Strategy, item 16. PDF 203 KB