Budget 2021/22: Review of Service Dashboards and Service Change Impact Assessments (SCIAs)
The Head of Finance presented the report which set out updates to the 2022/23 budget within the existing framework of the 10-year budget and savings plan. The report presented growth and savings/additional income proposals that had been identified which needed to be considered, and requested further suggestions from Members, before finalising the budget for 2022/23.
Informed by the latest information from Government and discussions with Cabinet, it was proposed that the Council continued to set a revenue budget that assumed no direct funding from Government through the Revenue Support Grant or New Homes Bonus. This would result in the Council continuing to be financially self-sufficient. To achieve this aim and to ensure a balanced budget position over the next 10-year period would continue to be challenging due to the ongoing financial impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness and inflationary pressures.
The budget process would be the same as two years ago as opposed to the shortened process last year, but streamlining the process in future years was being investigated.
No changes had been made to the assumptions at this stage, and the annual budget gap included in the report was £100,000 which related to the annual savings target. It was expected however, that the gap would increase.
Members discussed the report and it was suggested that the Council could charge for paid tourism events and sporting events.
Public Sector Equality Duty
Members noted that consideration had been given to impacts under the Public Sector Equality Duty.
Resolved: That it be recommended to Cabinet that consideration be given to asking Officers to explore the following further suggestions for growth and income
i) Charging for tourism events; and
ii) Charging for sporting events
- Budget 2022-23 - PPAC - Service Dashboards and SCIAs, item 17. PDF 141 KB
- Budget 2022-23 - PPAC - App A - Service Dashboard, item 17. PDF 86 KB
- Budget 2022-23 - PPAC - App B - 202122 Budget by service, item 17. PDF 12 KB
- Budget 2022-23 - ALL ACs - App C - Old growth savings, item 17. PDF 91 KB
- Budget 2022-23 - ALL ACs - App D - 10 year budget, item 17. PDF 141 KB
- Budget 2022-23 - PPAC - App E - New growth savings, item 17. PDF 74 KB
- Budget 2022-23 - PPAC - App F - SCIAs, item 17. PDF 66 KB
- Budget 2022-23 - ALL ACs - App G - Timetable, item 17. PDF 96 KB
- Budget 2022-23 - ALL ACs - App H - Financial Strategy, item 17. PDF 203 KB