19/02065/FUL - Former South Darenth Fire Station, New Road, South Darenth KENT DA4 9AT
- Meeting of *moved from 12 December due to the general election, Development Control Committee, Wednesday, 18th December, 2019 7.00 pm, MOVED (Item 48.)
Redevelopment of the former Horton Kirby Fire Station to construct a two storey building, with additional accommodation in the roof space, to provide 4 x 2 bedroom and 2 x 1 bedroom apartments, with ancillary access and bin storage facilities as amplified by Technical Note received 20.9.19.
The proposal sought planning permission for the redevelopment of the former Horton Kirby Fire Station to construct a two storey building, with the additional accommodation in the roof space, to provide 4 x 2 bedroom and 2 x 1 bedroom apartments, with the ancillary access and bin storage facilities as amplified by Technical Note received 20.9.19. The application had been referred to Development Control Committee by Councillor McGarvey so that the impact of the proposals on parking can be considered.
Members’ attention was brought to the main agenda papers and late observation sheet, which did not amend the recommendation.
The Committee was addressed by the following speakers:
Against the Application:
For the Application:
Councillor Philip McGarvey
It was moved by the Chairman that the recommendations within the report be agreed.
Members debated the application, noting that KCC did not object to the application and that highway surveys has been completed.
Resolved: That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1) The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
In pursuance of section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2) For the avoidance of doubt the information to which this decision relates is as follows: Drawing nos.: 4490-PD-01 Rev. B, 4490-PD-02 Rev. F, 4490-PD-03 Rev. B, BHD Architects Design and Access Statement, Bellamy Roberts Technical Note dated September 2019.
For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3) No development shall take place until details of existing and proposed finished site levels, finished floor and ridge levels of the buildings to be erected, and finished external surface levels have been submitted to and approved in writing by the District Planning Authority. The development shall thereafter be constructed in accordance with the approved details.
In order to safeguard the visual amenities of the area and the amenities of the occupiers Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
4) No development shall take place, including any works of demolition, until a Construction Management Plan has been submitted to, and approved in writing by the LPA. The Statement shall include details of: (a) Routing of construction and delivery vehicles to / from site (b) Parking and turning areas for construction and delivery vehicles and site personnel(c) Timing of deliveries (d) Provision of wheel washing facilities (e) Temporary traffic management / signage. The Construction Management Plan shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details.
To ensure that the development does not prejudice the free flow of traffic and conditions of safety on the highway or cause inconvenience to other highway users adjacent to the site in accordance with Policy T1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
5) No development shall be carried out on the land until the applicant, or their agents or successor in title, has secured the implementation of a programme of archaeological work in accordance with a written specification and timetable, which has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Council.
To investigate and record archaeological features as supported by Policy EN4 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
6) Prior to the construction of any of the approved buildings, details and samples of the external materials to be used for the development shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
To secure a satisfactory appearance in the interests of the visual amenities and character of the locality in accordance with Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
7) Prior to
construction of any of the approved buildings on site full details
of the hard and soft landscaping, means of enclosure and refuse
enclosures shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the
Council. Those details shall
Details of all hardsurface materials;
Planting plans, (identifying existing planting, plants to be retained and new planting);
Written specifications, (including cultivation and other operations associated with plant and grass establishment);
Schedules of new plants, (noting species, size of stock at time of planting and proposed number/densities where appropriate);
all means of boundary treatment and other means of enclosure within the site; details of ecological enhancements to the site, and;
A programme of implementation.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to commencement of construction as part of the programme of implementation, all planting, seeding and turfing comprising the approved details of landscaping and ecological enhancement measures shall be carried out in the first planting and seeding season following first occupation of any of the approved buildings. The means of enclosure and refuse storage shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details prior to first occupation of any of the approved buildings. If within a period of five years from the completion of the development, any of the trees or plants that form part of the approved details of soft landscaping die, are removed or become seriously damaged or diseased then they shall be replaced in the next planting season with others of similar size and species.
To safeguard the visual appearance of the area as supported by Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
8) Prior to first occupation of the approved building the parking spaces indicated on the approved plan 4490-PD-02 Rev.F shall be provided and thereafter kept available for use at all times on a communal basis and shall not be allocated or reserved for individual properties.
To ensure that the development does not prejudice highway safety or cause inconvenience to other highway users in accordance with Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
9) Prior to commencement of above ground works a scheme to show the provision of electric vehicle charging points, including their proposed locations, type and specifications shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority. The charging points shall be installed in accordance with the approved details prior to first occupation of the development.
To ensure the sustainability of the site in accordance with policy T3 of the Allocations and Development Management Plan.
1) The proposed development has been assessed and it is the Council's view that the CIL is payable. Full details will be set out in the CIL Liability Notice which will be issued with this decision or as soon as possible after the decision.
2) New build developments or converted properties may require street naming and property numbering. You are advised, prior to commencement, to contact the Council's Building Control team on 01732 227376 or visit www.sevenoaks.gov.uk for further details.
(After addressing the Committee as a Local Member Councillor McGarvey did not take part in the debate or voting thereon and left the meeting).