Local Plan Update
- Meeting of Development & Conservation Advisory Committee, Tuesday, 17th December, 2019 7.00 pm (Item 29.)
The Strategic Planning Manager presented the report which provided an update on the Local Plan examination process, since the last meeting.
Members were advised that without an adopted Local Plan the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) still provided the Green Belt with protection. Members were advised that Neighbourhood Plans could still be progressed in the absence of an adopted plan but ran the risk of needing to change to conform with any future adopted plan. With regard to community planning documents such as Neighbourhood Plans, Parish Plans or Village Design Statements, these were not necessarily needed if communities were satisfied with what was contained in an adopted Local Plan. In response to questions the Planning Policy Team Leader advised that there was a Town & Parish Forum taking place on 21 January 2019, where advice would be given on Neighbourhood Plans and Village Design Statements, she could also signpost Members to a list of helpful website pages.
Action 1: The Planning Policy Team Leader to provide the relevant links to the website on the different community planning documents.
Resolved: That the report be noted.
- 08 DCAC report December 2019 rev4, item 29. PDF 71 KB
- 08 Apx A ED37, item 29. PDF 65 KB
- 08 Apx B ED38, item 29. PDF 192 KB
- 08 Apx C ED38A, item 29. PDF 169 KB
- 08 Apx D ED40_Inspector_s_letter_to_SDC, item 29. PDF 100 KB
- 08 Apx E ED41, item 29. PDF 229 KB
- 08 Apx F ED42, item 29. PDF 228 KB
- 08 Apx G ED42A, item 29. PDF 165 KB
- 08 Apx H ED42B, item 29. PDF 306 KB
- 08 Apx I ED42C_Duty_to_Co_operate_Appendices, item 29. PDF 3 MB