18/02230/FUL - Quarry House, Chipstead Lane, Sevenoaks TN13 2RG
Demolition of existing shed. Erection of 4 bedroom detached dwelling with new access.
The proposal sought planning permission for demolition of existing shed and erection of four bedroom detached dwelling with new access.
The application has been referred to Development Control Committee by Councillor London due to there being an insufficient vehicle turning space creating a more dangerous access point.
Members’ attention was brought to the main agenda papers and the late observations papers.
The Committee was addressed by the following speakers:
Against the Application: Michael Ryan
For the Application: Mr. Purdey
Parish Representatives: Parish Cllr. Howard Dilley
Local Member: -
Members asked questions of clarification from Officers. Officers confirmed that the applicants had notified all landowners of the application and that any dispute over rights of way would be a civil matter rather than a planning matter.
It was moved by the Chairman and duly seconded that the recommendation within the agenda papers to grant planning permission be agreed.
Members also discussed whether vehicles would have enough space on the road to turn and whether there was a need to reverse onto the main road. It was agreed that the applicant agreed for their adjoining land to be used to turn if needed.
The motion was put to the vote and it was
Resolved: That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1) The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
In pursuance of section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2) The materials to be used in the construction of the development shall be those indicated on the application form.
To ensure that the appearance of the development is in harmony with the existing character of the area as supported by Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
3) Prior to occupation of the dwelling, details for the provision of facilities for the safe charging of electric vehicles and an implementation timetable for the installation of the unit shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The facilities shall be installed in accordance with the details so approved and be retained, maintained thereafter and be available for use at all times.
In order to mitigate and adapt to climate change in accordance with policies EN1 and T3 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
4) Prior to first occupation, the parking areas shown on the approved plan shall be formed and brought into use and shall be retained for this purpose thereafter.
To ensure that adequate parking provision is provided as supported by policy EN1 of the ADMP.
5) Prior to occupation of the dwelling hereby approved, the 2m x 2m visibility splays shown on approved drawing QUARRY-HOUSE-02/B shall be provided in full and these shall be maintained at all times.
To maintain highway safety as supported by the NPPF and policy EN1 of the ADMP. The local planning authority is satisfied that it is fundamental to the development permitted to address this issue before development commences and that without this safeguard planning permission should not be granted.
6) Prior to occupation full details of both hard and soft landscaping shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These details shall cover as appropriate: Hard surfacing materials; Planting plans; Boundary Treatments; Written specification (including cultivation and other operations associated with plant and grass establishment); Schedules of plants, noting species, planting sizes and proposed numbers/densities where appropriate. Implementation timetables. Development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details. Any trees or plants which within a period of 5 years from the completion of the development die, are removed or become seriously damaged or diseased shall be replaced in the next planting season with others of similar size and species, unless the local planning authority gives written approval to any variation.
To conserve and enhance the character of the AONB as supported by policy EN5 of the ADMP.
7) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans and details: QWuarry-House-02B, 03A, 04B,
For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.