Public consultation on proposed updated conservation area appraisals
Members considered a report which set out the legislative background to and purpose of conservation area appraisals and advised of proposed public consultation. Six conservation areas had been re-surveyed and updated character appraisals had been drafted for: Brasted High Street; Leigh; Seal; Shoreham High Street and Church Street; Shoreham Mill Lane; and Swanley Village. There was no statutory duty to consult when preparing conservation area appraisals and management recommendations, but it was good practice to do so and a prerequisite for adoption of the appraisals as SPDs. Public consultation would be carried out by consultants Alan Baxter Ltd to the principles set out in the Council’s Statement of Community Involvement, with assistance from Officers at public meetings. It was proposed that the formal public and stakeholder consultation would run for 6 weeks from Friday 19th October until Friday 30th November 2018.
Resolved: That the draft conservation area appraisals, management recommendations and proposed associated public consultation be noted.
- 08 1_PAC report Proposed Public Consultation on CAA, item 18. PDF 107 KB
- 08 2_ConsultationLeaflet_DRAFT_Leigh v3, item 18. PDF 2 MB
- 08 3- Introduction to Sevenoaks Conservation Areas DRAFT_RJI rev2, item 18. PDF 172 KB
- 08 4_Brasted_Conservation Area Appraisals_PRINT, item 18. PDF 30 MB
- 08 5_Leigh_Conservation Area Appraisals_PRINT, item 18. PDF 28 MB
- 08 6_Seal Conservation Area Appraisals_PRINT, item 18. PDF 29 MB
- 08 7_Shoreham_Conservation Area Appraisal_PRINT, item 18. PDF 28 MB
- 08 8_Swanley Village_CAA_2018_PRINT, item 18. PDF 30 MB
- 08 9_Sevenaoks CAA_Design GuidanceRL3, item 18. PDF 78 KB