Budget 2019/20: Service Dashboards and Service Change Impact Assessments (SCIAs)
The Chief Finance Officer presented a report, which explained that this was the second stage of the budget process and ensured that all Members of the Advisory Committees had a role to play in the governance of the Council and the budget decision making process. He explained that since the current financial strategy was introduced in 2011/12, over £7 million of savings had been agreed.
To continue to have a balanced budget position and remain financially self-sufficient, a net savings requirement of £100,000 per annum was included in the budget. The Chief Finance Officer also advised Members that other pressures may come out later in the budget process such as when the Local Government Finance Settlement was announced in December. These may result in additional savings being required.
No growth and savings proposals were included in the report for this Committee but Members were asked for their suggestions in order to achieve the £100,000 net saving required for the next year, which would be considered by Cabinet, before finalising the budget for 2019/20.
In response to a question on whether enforcement was fully meeting expectations, the Chief Planning Officer reported that in the last 18 months there had been: fourS215 Amenity notices served; 44 Enforcement and Breach of Condition Notices served; and four injunctions successfully secured. In addition, the Enforcement team had been responsible for securing unpaid CIL and S106 monies, which to date had brought in the region of £3m owed by developers. Further to the weekly list of cases that Members now received, in the coming months a monthly list of live cases would also be circulated.
Public Sector Equality Duty
Members noted that consideration had been given to impacts under the Public Sector Equality Duty.
Resolved: That it be recommended to Cabinet that
a) no growth and savings proposals had been identified; and
b) there were no further suggestions for growth and savings.
- 06 Budget - PAC - Review of Service Dashboards and SCIAs, item 16. PDF 66 KB
- 06 Budget - PAC - App A - Service Dashboard, item 16. PDF 51 KB
- 06 Budget - PAC - App B - 201819 Budget by service, item 16. PDF 32 KB
- 06 Budget - PAC - App C - Old growth savings, item 16. PDF 7 KB
- 06 Budget - PAC - App D - New growth savings, item 16. PDF 12 KB
- 06 Budget - PAC - App E - SCIAs, item 16. PDF 21 KB
- 06 Budget - PAC - App F - Adv Ctte Previous Suggestions, item 16. PDF 24 KB
- 06 Budget - PAC - App G - 10 year Budget, item 16. PDF 8 KB
- 06 Budget - PAC - App H - Budget Timetable, item 16. PDF 37 KB