Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services 01732 227165 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To approve the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 27 January 2022, as a correct record.
Resolved: that the minutes of the meeting held on 27 January 2022 be approved and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest or Predetermination
Including any interests not already registered
Cllr Layland declared for Minute 76 that he was a Member of Edenbridge Town Council and had a non-pecuniary interest and would remain open minded.
Cllr Barnett declared for Minute 77 that he was one of the ward Members for Edenbridge South and West and would remain open minded.
Declarations of Lobbying
There were none.
TPO of 6 of 2021 was served in response to concern raised over possible clearance works to the overgrown and unmanaged site.
The motion was put to the vote and it was
Resolved: That TPO 6 of 2021 be confirmed without amendment.
Edenbridge Working Mens Club, 67 High Street, Edenbridge KENT TN8 5AL
The proposal sought planning permission for the conversion of the existing Working Men’s club into Four Flats.
The application had been referred to the Committee by Cllr McGregor on the grounds that there was an absence of parking permissions and inadequate bicycle storage.
Members’ attention was brought to the main agenda papers and late observation sheet, which did not amend the recommendation.
The Committee was addressed by the following speakers:
Members asked questions of clarification from the officer which focussed on parking provision for the flats and bin storage. It was confirmed that as per guidance, the proposed use of the building would result in less of a demand for parking than its current use which would require significantly more.
It was moved by the Chairman and duly seconded that the recommendations within the report, be agreed.
Members discussed the application and it was proposed and duly seconded that there be an additional condition regarding bin storage to protect residents amenity space and the conservation area.
The motion was put to the vote and it was agreed.
Debate continued on the substantive motion.
The motion was put to the vote and it was
Resolved: That planning permission be approved subject to the following conditions
1) The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
In pursuance of section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans and details: 211C, 212B, 215B, 220B
For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3) No development including any works of demolition or preparation works prior to building operations shall take place on site until a Construction Transport Management Plan has been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The approved statement shall be adhered to throughout the construction period and shall include: (a) parking for vehicles of site personnel, operatives and visitors (b) loading and unloading of plant and materials (c) storage of plant and materials used in constructing the development (d) hours of operation.
In the interest of highway safety.
4) Prior to the commencement of development, details of all windows and doors (including head, cill and window reveal details) shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
To ensure that the appearance of the development enhances the character and appearance of the conservation area as supported by Policy EN4 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
5) Prior to occupation further details of the secure bicycle storage shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The 2 development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
To provide secure storage for alternative means of transport in ... view the full minutes text for item 77.