Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services 01732 227165 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To approve the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 5 July 2018, as a correct record.
Resolved: That the minutes of the Development Control Committee meeting held on 5 July 2018 be approved and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest or Predetermination
Including any interests not already registered
There were none.
Declarations of Lobbying
There were none.
Construction of a replacement dwelling and outbuildings following the demolition of the existing dwelling and outbuildings.
The proposal sought planning permission for the construction of a replacement dwelling and outbuildings following the demolition of the existing dwelling and outbuilding.
The application had been called to the Development Control Committee by Councillor Grint who believed the proposal constituted inappropriate development in the Green Belt.
Members’ attention was brought to the main agenda papers and the late observations sheet.
The Committee was addressed by the following speakers:
Against the Application: -
For the Application: Richard Games
Parish Representatives: -
Local Member: Councillor Grint
Members asked questions of clarification from officers.
It was moved by the Chairman and duly seconded that the recommendations within the report be agreed.
Members noted the absence of a Parish Council representative and that the proposal was more reasonable than that which could be achieved with the Lawful Development Certificates.
The motion was put to the vote and it was
Resolved: That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions: -
1) The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
In pursuance of section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2) The materials to be used in the construction of the development shall be those indicated on the approved plan: P132-118, 120 and the application form.
To ensure that the appearance of the development enhances the character and appearance of the area as supported by Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
3) No development shall take place until details of the existing levels of the land any proposed slab levels and any changes in levels as a result of the development hereby approved have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
To safeguard the visual appearance of the area as supported by Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks District Local Plan.
4) No works shall commence until the tree protection strategy has been implemented as shown on the submitted Tree Protection Plan 17_1356_TPP_NT and Tree Survey Report dated 29th March 2018. The tree protection strategy shall be maintained during the duration of the works.
To prevent damage to the trees during the construction period as supported by Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks District Councils Allocation and Development Management Plan.
5) Prior to the first occupation of the dwelling hereby permitted full details for the provision of facilities for the safe charging of electric vehicles has been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The facilities shall be installed in accordance with the details so approved prior to the first occupation of any of the residential units and be retained, maintained thereafter and be available for use at all times.
In order to mitigate and adapt to climate change in accordance with policies EN1 and T3 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
6) The full bat mitigation strategy, as detailed in paragraph 188.8.131.52 and ... view the full minutes text for item 16.
At 7.18 p.m. the Chairman adjourned the Committee for the convenience of Members and Officers. The meeting resumed at 7.23 p.m.
17/02279/FUL - Swanley Centre, London Road, Swanley BR8 7TQ
The Chairman moved and it was
Resolved: That under section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act
1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting when considering Agenda item 4.2 below, on the grounds that likely disclosure of exempt information is involved as defined by Schedule 12A: paragraph 3 – Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information); and paragraph 5 - Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
Further information is contained within the confidential appendix to these minutes.
Resolved: That 2 (i) and (ii) and 3 as set out in the conclusion of the confidential report, subject to the agreed amendment to 2 (i), be agreed.