Budget 2018/19: Service Dashboards and Service Change Impact Assessments (SCIAS)
- Meeting of Economic & Community Development Advisory Committee, Tuesday, 3rd October, 2017 7.00 pm (Item 19.)
The Chief Finance Officer presented the report which set out updates to the 2018/19 budget within the existing framework of the 10-year budget and savings plan. The report presented proposals that had been identified and needed to be considered, together with further suggestions made by the Advisory Committees, before finalising the budget for 2018/19.
Informed by the latest information from Government and discussions with Cabinet, it was proposed that the Council continued to set a revenue budget which assumed no funding from Government through the Revenue Support Grant or New Homes Bonus. This would result in the Council continuing to be financially self-sufficient as set out in its Corporate Plan.
To achieve this aim and to ensure a balanced budget position over the next 10-year period, whilst also increasing the Council’s ability to be sustainable beyond that time, a savings requirement of £100,000 per annum was included. Other pressures may come out later in the budget process, such as when the Government publishes its Autumn Budget on 22 November or when the Local Government Finance Settlement is announced in December. There may therefore be a requirement for further savings. Officers would continue to monitor these pressures and report the latest position to Cabinet in December.
No new growth and savings items had been proposed in the report for services applicable to this Advisory Committee. Members were given the opportunity to discuss and put forward any growth and savings suggestions. Members also noted the growth and saving items suggested by the Advisory Committee the previous year as set out in Appendix F to the report.
Public Sector Equality Duty
Members noted that consideration had been given to impacts under the Public Sector Equality Duty.
Resolved: That Cabinet be advised that
a) no growth and savings proposals had been identified in Appendix D to the report, applicable to this Advisory Committee had been noted; and
b) there were no further suggestions for growth and savings applicable to this Advisory Committee.
- 06 Review of Service Dashboards and SCIAs, item 19. PDF 46 KB
- 06 App A - Service Dashboard, item 19. PDF 65 KB
- 06 App B - 201718 Budget by service, item 19. PDF 31 KB
- 06 App C - Old growth savings, item 19. PDF 30 KB
- 06 App D - New growth savings, item 19. PDF 26 KB
- 06 App E - SCIAs, item 19. PDF 9 KB
- 06 App F - Adv Ctte Previous Suggestions, item 19. PDF 18 KB
- 06 App G - 10 yr Budget, item 19. PDF 37 KB
- 06 App H - Budget timetable, item 19. PDF 24 KB