Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services 01732 227350 Email: email@example.com
To approve the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 29 September 2016, as a correct record.
Resolved: That the minutes of the Development Control Committee held on 12 October 2016 be approved and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest or Predetermination
Including any interests not already registered
There were none.
Declarations of Lobbying
There were none.
Reserved Planning Applications
The Committee considered the following planning application:
New Hotel to be built on the existing car park site.
The proposal sought planning permission for a new hotel to be built on the existing car park site. The application had been referred to the Development Control Committee as the Council was both the applicant and the landowner of the application site. Members’ attention was brought to the main agenda papers and the typographical error in condition 20 and the late observations sheet which amended recommended condition 10.
The Committee was addressed by the following speaker:
Against the Application: Mr. Oliver
For the Application: Kashani Wijetunga
Parish Representative: -
Local Member: Cllr. Fleming
Members asked questions of clarification from the officers.
It was moved by the Chairman and duly seconded that the recommendation in the agenda as amended by the late observation sheet, be agreed.
Members discussed parking at the site and although there would be additional spaces once Bradbourne car park reopened it was thought that this may still not provide sufficient parking for tourists and staff. The need for an additional condition for a staff travel plan was discussed. Members discussed whether the design was in keeping with the surrounding developments.
The motion including the additional condition for a staff travel plan was put to the vote and was
Resolved: That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions
1) The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
In pursuance of section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans: A.01 Revision A, A.02 Revision B, A.03 Revision C, A.04 Revision A, A.05 Revision A, A.06 Revision A, A.07 Revision A, A.08 Revision B, A.09 Revision B, A.09B Revision B, A.10 Revision A, A.11 Revision A and A.12 Revision B.
For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3) The building hereby permitted shall only be used as a hotel (Use Class C1) and for no other purpose.
In the interests of highway safety as supported by policies EN1 and T2 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan.
4) No development shall be carried out on the land until samples of the materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the hotel building hereby permitted have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Council. The development shall be carried out using the approved materials.
To ensure that the appearance of the development preserves the character and appearance of the area as supported by Policy EN1 of the Sevenoaks Allocations and Development Management Plan. The Local Planning Authority is satisfied that it is fundamental to the development permitted to address this issue before development commences and that without this safeguard planning permission should not be granted.
5) No development shall be carried out on the land until full details of soft landscape works have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Council. Those details shall include:-planting plans ... view the full minutes text for item 43.